Thursday, June 18, 2009

Free Concert (and I don't mean the Jazz Festival)

Apparently they really know how to enjoy summer in Rochester. Or as the people here probably know it, "the 6 weeks when there isn't snow on the ground".

On top of the Jazz Festival, which is only the first of a whole bunch of outdoors city-wide events going on between now and August, there is also a free concert series every Thursday night during the summer. It's called "Party in the Park", but they should add an "ing lot" to the end of the title because that would be more appropriate. To be fair, its a very nice parking lot, right next to the Douglas-Anthony Bridge and right along the river (and only half a block from the newspaper!) but its still a parking lot.

So tonight's show was "The Old 97's", a sort of country/rock mix band. My dad likes them at least a little and I got one of their albums from him. They aren't really anything too impressive on a CD, but they do a very good live show. Most of the songs I didn't really know, but afterwards I looked up a bunch of what they played on iTunes and found that its alot more mellow than how they played it live. They were really rocking out on stage, and they played about 20 songs, alot more than I expected from a free show.

"King of all the World", "Won't be Home", "Timebomb", "Designs on you", and "Up the Devils Pay" are probably the best songs of theirs, so go ahead and look them up.


Also, I basically wrote today's business page (except for the business story that was on the front page of the whole paper, that was Jim's), so not that I'm bragging or anything, but you should check that out too - www.democratandchronicle.com

Thats right, build up the hits on my stories online and they will love me even more, buwahahaha.

and tomorrow is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment