Friday, June 26, 2009

End of the First Quarter

and I'm pretty sure I'm winning. Or at least I'm not losing.

What I mean is this was the end of my second week of work in Rochester. That means I've officially completed 1/4 of the internship, and so far things have been going pretty good. It's been really hot here the entire week, but after some absolutely amazing T-storms this afternoon it seems like the hot wave might be over.

I think I've got the city pretty well figured out, but that doesn't mean there aren't still a few surprises waiting for me.

Case in point - I arrived home today to find an orange paper taped to the front door of my apartment building that notified me that the Department of Health had placed rat poison inside the building.

Oh Good! My $450 a month gets me free pets too??

The notice told me to make sure I keep pets and small children away from the poison (does that mean big children are immune to rat poison? and if so, at what point does the immunity kick in? Is it at a certain age? or is it a height/weight things like how you become immune to needing a car seat at a certain point? Is there a government agency that can investigate these questions and get back to me?) so for the rest of the weekend I guess I'll be guarding the rat traps with a baseball bat to make sure no pets or small children are accidentally harmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment