Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Apologies

It's been five days since my last post on here, thanks to a weekend trip that took me from Pennsylvania to New Jersey, to Pennsylvania, to Maryland, and back to PA once again. Things had to be taken care of on a bunch of different levels and I had very limited time (and even more limited Internet access) to write on here.

At least the experience was humbling in some ways. I learned that my cousin graduated from Georgetown Medical School when I always thought she had gone somewhere else, and I found out that another (more distant) cousin graduated from Princeton in the same class as George C. Will. So I guess when (and if) I get around to looking for grad schools, I need to set my aim pretty high.

As for that, and that being my future plans, I have to say something. I think it is more annoying to be questioned about my plans now than it was when I was a senior in high school or just starting college. Everyone has gone through it; your relatives all want to know what schools you're considering and what major you have and if your classes are good and where you're living and what the food is like. You answer those same questions ad nauseum, and somewhere inside you start to dislike your family a little bit.

But at least then there were answers to be given, they were just repetitive and kind of boring. Now, I'm facing the task of making a directionless approach seem like some kind of a plan, and that is certainly more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment