Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Third Eye Blind Countdown: #10 and #9

As I explained yesterday, I will be counting down my Top 10 favorite Third Eye Blind song lyrics during the rest of the week in anticipation of the new album - Ursa Major - coming out next Monday.

A few rules that I used in making this selections: There is no limit to how long a "lyric" can be, but the lines I picked how to be continuous, so I wasn't just picking a really good line here and really good line there throughout an entire song. The result is that some of the ones that made the cut will be entire verses and choruses, while others will be smaller. Other than that, this is a completely subjective list.

Today the countdown really begins with lyrics #9 and #10, both from songs on 3EB's most recent album: Out of the Vein.

#10: Palm Reader

"Freud said that love was a good psychosis,
but I don't know, I've had too many doses.
He's a creep, and we all know that he probably made it up.

Believe in me, and this lie.
Tell me everything will be alright,
'cause it's so good to believe,
but you turn my hope into a weapon.

I kept you sweater,
'til the scent was gone,
wrapped up in my hands when the days got long,
but I'm still sniffing"


#9: My Hit and Run

"I come down hard and roll to my feet,
and rain washes blood now off concrete.
People turn away and I just have to laugh,
'cause I'm still flying,
living and dying.

Always think we'll get more time,
'til you're flying through the air with someone on your mind,
and this motorcycle crash it is a sign,
'cause you were there, and I wish we had more time.

I want to thank Mr. Death now for what he's done,
'cause I got to walk away from my hit and run,
and mysteries are not so empty now,
'cause I saw you at my hit and run.
At my hit and run."


Tune in tomorrow for numbers 7 and 8. Here's a little foreshadowing for you: that won't be the only time a motorcycle makes an appearance in this countdown.

And for anyone reading this who doesn't know these songs - it's called iTunes, go download them now. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment