Monday, August 10, 2009

Third Eye Blind Countdown

Third Eye Blind's new album will be released exactly one week from today. After waiting six years since their last full-length release, I wanted to do something to appropriately honor them and to build some more anticipation for "Ursa Major".

So, all this week, I will be counting down my Top 10 favorite lyrics from 3EB's proud history. It was not an easy task to narrow down the list to only 10, however, so today I will offer some of the great lyrics that just missed the cut.

As a note: this list is not counting down my favorite songs, but rather my favorite lines from those songs. I thought this might be more interesting than just listing the best 10 songs the band has done. As a result, however, some fantastic songs, such as "God of Wine" or "Losing A Whole Year" did not make the Top 10, because while they might be great songs, there really isn't any outstanding single line or lines. But not every list can be perfect.

Honorable Mentions -

God of Wine:

"Every glamorous sunrise
throws the planets out of line.
The stars shine out of whack,
a fraudulent zodiac.
And the god of wine is crouched down in my room.
You let me down, I said it.
Now I'm going down,
and you're not even around."


Losing A Whole Year:

"Rich daddy left you with a parachute,
your voice sounds like money and your face is cute,
but your daddy left you with no love,
and you touch everything with a velvet glove.
Now you want to try the life of sin,
you want to be down with the down and in.
Always copping my truths,
I kinda get the feeling like I'm being used,
And now I realize that you never heard one goddamned word I ever said."


Good For You:

"I feel you cross my mind in disarray,
an intoxicated ricochet"


Another Life:

"Time goes by and I realize that I'm alright,
You thought nothing would be the same,
but life comes 'round again.
Quick wits and all curious,
caught up with what you say,
and makes me grab the time,
before it slips away"

Coming tomorrow: The countdown begins with numbers 9 and 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment