Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's all about me

After weeks (6, to be more precise) of writing this, I've decided to "go public" by posting it on Facebook. If that's what brought you here, thanks for taking a look.

This started as a way to record stuff that happened to me while interning up here in Rochester for the summer, but it kind of lacked any kind of identity (and still sorta does), but I think its been getting a lot better.

And yes, I realize the title is incredibly pretentious, but I figured - if I'm going to pretend that my thoughts and ideas are important enough to publish on the Internet, I might as well have a pretentious title to go along with it.

The name itself comes from the two coolest words I learned in college. "Pseudepigrapha" translates as "false writing", or basically any writing where the author claims to be someone he's not. A lot of books in the Old Testament are this way, because people wrote in the name of a prophet, but the prophet himself was not actually the author.

"Epistemology" is the study of knowledge, or the study of how we know what we know.

If you're still reading at this point, you might as well check out the posts below, which are (mostly) far more interesting than this. Some of my favorite ones:

- Why Americans usually sit at sporting events

- Why I love graphs

- A monster made of traffic barrels

- "I'm on a Boat" news parody

- A review of Epic Road Trip 2009, Part II (and its preview)

- And plenty of libertarian-motivated posts about the music industry, national polls, Cap-and-Trade policy, Al Gore, the 4th of July, standardized testing, and other things.

Enjoy! Come back often! Tell your friends!


And if you still have time, I'm apparently also going to be writing for a sports blog, so take a look at that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment