Friday, July 10, 2009

Epic Road Trip 2009, Part II

Part one, as some may or may not be aware, was the week-long post-graduation drive to St. Louis that my girlfriend Megan and I took to visit our mutual friend Jessica. And of course, to escape the reality that college was over.

Part II is taking place this weekend, and though it is not as impressive or lengthy as Part I (after all, sequels are never quite as good as the original - except maybe for The Empire Strikes Back), I have high hopes that it will be quite enjoyable. I'll be venturing from Rochester down to King's Park (on Long Island) for a graduation party with a bunch of friends from Fairfield who I haven't seen in weeks.

Oddly enough, the trip (which should be about 7 hours each way) is from one part of New York to another part of New York, but the most direct route takes me through two other states on the way. I wonder how many other places there are in the country where that would be possible (without a lengthy detour)?

Anyway, in honor of the trip, here is a list of 50 great travel quotes to inspire (now go take a trip!)

No comments:

Post a Comment