Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween, Obama-style

I wonder how much money the White House Halloween Party cost? According to the AP, the event included "an odd cast of figures [wondering] around the North Lawn, including skeletons playing musical instruments, walking trees, and "Star Wars" characters. The night's arrangements took a month or two to prepare, the White House said."

Not only that, but I'm sure the 200 kids (and who knows how many parents) that attended were required to go through a full security screen when they arrived. I just don't see the White House allowing that many people to show up, in costume no less, spontaneously at the front door. So how much did all that cost?

I just really don't see how an event like this is even necessary. In a few years, is Obama going to stand up at a debate and say, "Maybe I didn't accomplish much, politically, while I was in office. But you have to admit, I threw better Halloween parties than McCain would have."

No comments:

Post a Comment